Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hiding from the Crazy People

Hello Family!

So I am writing today because we were in Düsseldorf hiding from all of the crazy people. So remember that holiday I think I told you about, but maybe I didn´t haha. Well, it´s called Karnival and for about 4 days everyone dresses up, and like 80% of the people in our town were drunk and ladies carry around a pair of scissors to cut ties and give the guy a kiss. So I don´t really know why they celebrate it, and most of them probably don´t either, but, this week was definitely crazy because of it.

While my companion and I were constantly trying to avoid large crowds of people we also still had the Lord´s work to do. We actually taught the most lessons taught in Krefeld for over a year which is awesome, but we also lost 3 of our 5 investigators. Two are moving to Berlin, and the other one´s husband said if we ever came back he would sue us, which was a shame because she wants to be baptized.... Our other 2 investigators have been taugt everything basically, and both are still praying for an answer about if the Church is true. Both said once they got their answer they would be baptized. So Conman, I will try my hardest to help the investigators realize the Church is true and have a desire to be baptized =) By the way, Happy Birthday tomorrow haha, and how dare you not tell me what you are getting.

So other than all of that crazy stuff, I had a pretty cool experience with President Ninnow, our mission President. He was doing interviews for our district, and he always pauses for like 2 minutes at the end of an interview and says "Give me a minute, I just want to think about you for a second" He always does that and then says something super profound and awesome, we have a "President Ninnow quote book" haha. But this time he looked at me and said,"Elder Collings, you are a great missionary, you know what you need to be doing and you're doing it. Keep that up. The Lord has big plans for you, and you are going to be an amazing missionary." Needless to say, that made me feel quite happy inside haha. I would have loved to have heard a way to help my German get better faster, but the Lord is constantly blessing me with the gift of tongues, so I can´t complain.

Anyway, life is good, and I´m happy!

Tschüs!
Elder Collings

1 comment:

  1. Totally cool!! I love reading Steve's letters they are so uplifting. We are so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete