Monday, March 14, 2011

Peace Out!

Hello Family!

It was another great week in the mission field!

So this week was actually like all the other weeks, except, I took the initiative and instead of constantly badgering my companion to contact people, I went ahead and just started doing it. I shouldn´t have to remind him of his duty as a servant of the Lord, and we were missing out on opportunities to share the gospel when he decided last second he wasn´t going to speak to them because "He didn´t think they spoke German". So, I spoke to EVERYONE. We ended up finding 3 new investigators this week which is awesome, and this coming week we have almost 20 lessons planned which is 4 times our average, so we´ll see how the week goes =)

I´m so jealous you guys got to go see BYU play, my district leader is going home soon, and he is teaching someone that gives him updates on how BYU is doing, so he calls us whenever he gets some good stuff. I also can´t believe Conman got an I-Pod touch, and Kaylea wrecked the car! Well, I can believe Kaylea wrecked the car to be honest haha. It sounds like everything is going good though, and that´s awesome.

This week we get transfer calls, so my companion or I might be getting sent to a new area. If I do end up getting a new companion, I hope I have helped my companion find ways to become a better missionary like he has done for me. It´s cool to realize how 2 people can benefit one another, he obviously has helped me with my German since he is fluent in it, and he has also helped me with some teaching ideas because I´m not the best teacher haha. In fact, I´m a terrible teacher, Kaylea probably knows that best. I just know that the companion my companion had before I got here didn´t want to do anything, and my companion doesn´t like to contact, so the area was in really bad shape when I arrived. We had an entire zone conference on finding, and speaking to people, and I have done my best to be an example and explain what we need to be doing, so hopefully he chooses to make those changes, because as soon as he gets people in a lesson we got ém haha.

Anyway, I´m happy here in Germany and learning more every day... even if I don´t realize it haha. How about I share an awesome scripture I read earlier this week:

Romans 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long, we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that love us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in the Christ Jesus our Lord.

I just thought that scripture was super awesome when I read it and felt like sharing it with you, it really puts the love of Christ in perspective. With all those things it lists, it says "...in all these things we are more than conquerors..." and isn´t that super cool?

Anyway, the church is true and Germany is awesome haha

Friede Aus! (Germans don´t say that.... but I do)

Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment