Monday, March 28, 2011

Golden Split

Hello Family!

This week was pretty amazing, we ended up teaching the most lessons Krefeld has seen ever haha. We taught a total of 13 lessons and we found 5 investigators which was awesome. We haven´t been able to get a hold of 4 of them, but there is this lady named Maja DerNulc who is awesome. Basically Elder Mayle had gone by her before with his last companion and she said she never wanted to see him again, but, while we were planning one of our days out, I felt like we should go by her, so we did. She let us in, and by the time we left she called us her Sons. We met with her again a couple of days later, and taught her the Plan of Salvation. She liked it a lot, and told us she wanted to teach it to her friend. So, as we left, she instantly called her friend, and now on Wednesday we will be teaching Maja, her friend, and her friend´s husband. So, i´m pretty excited to see how this all goes down.

I am currently on a "Golden Split". That means I have only been here one transfer (6 weeks) and the person I am on a split with has been here less than a week haha. My companion is at a training meeting for senior companions, so half the mission is doing splits right now. It´s pretty cool, I got to plan everything and I get to speak as much German as I want, I don´t have a fluent German to rely on, so I´m excited to see how these next 2 days work out.

I have not gotten my debit card yet, but, that´s because you sent it to the mission home, so I will be able to get it once we have zone conference next week. So, if anyone has sent me mail since I got here I haven´t received it yet haha.

It´s good to hear from all of you, and I´m glad you´re all doing well. I´m super happy to be on my mission, I´m learning and growing every day, and I never know how the Lord is going to bless me.

Elder Collings

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your amazing missionary!! What a wonderful Guy Steve has turned out to be. I am so proud of him!!

    ReplyDelete