Sunday, August 5, 2012

July 23, 2012

Well, I got sick for the first time this week haha.  Tuesday Morning, I woke up and just felt a little funny, but just shrugged it off and figured I was just more tired than normal, but, I ended up getting pretty darn sick.  That day we had 5 appointments made out, the first one went great and I was feeling fine.  We then ran to a second appointment, we were teaching a family from Africa.  They were all just so loud and so excited I left that place with such a huge headache.  Oh yeah, I forgot to say we had eaten some raw fish in between the first 2 lessons.... Then after the second we decided to take a lunch break, I had a Döner with some french fries, and that´s when I realized I was really getting sick haha.   I felt drained, had a headache, and my stomach was going wild.  We had another lesson, this was with a less active member.  He has some psychological problems, so he gets nervous really easily.  His apartment is a disaster.  I can´t even describe how terrible it is.  We went there and started helping him clean, 30 minutes into it I had to sit down and just relax a little.  We finished there and then went to a meeting with our Bishop.  They had prepared some food for us.  I took about 2 bites and I was ready to die!  I couldn´t eat anymore and I thought I´d throw up, but, I didn´t.  We then got a ride to the church, we had a lesson planned for there and a service project cleaning the Church.  I was just feeling terrible, so I took a nap on a couch the entire time haha.  At about 7 they were all done, so we walked home and I tried to sleep.  My stomach and my head hurt so bad I couldn´t sleep.  I finally fell asleep after midnight, but only for a short time.  I then woke up just soaking wet with sweat!  My clothes were soaking, my mattress, my blankets even my pillow!  I thought that was pretty nasty, so, I was obliged to get up and take a quick shower and sleep somewhere else.  And, that´s kind of how the rest of the week went, except with a lot of toilet time added to that.  Actually, by Friday the headaches had gone away, and the stomach ache wasn´t too bad, so, we actually would go out and work around the apartment and then run to the toilet every now and then haha.  Not too pleasant.
    We did have some success though!  The very end of the week, we went on a split to another area that has been dead for ever.  They just got a new missionary in there that is pretty excited to work.  The 2 Elders are young, and excited.  We worked with them for a day and had a ton of success!   And for the first time in about a year they found new investigators (we found 2 on the split) and for the first time in about 2 years they had an investigator in Church!  It was so cool to see success there.  The missionaries are now more excited than ever and ready to work some miracles.
    So, that was basically everything, sick the whole week with a split at the end.  I´m feeling much better now and I´m excited to get out and work hard again!
Thanks for everything!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment