Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 20, 2012

    Alrighty, it was another great week, and now it´s the last week of the transfer!  Man, they go by way fast, and it just hit me that I only have 3 of them left!  Never really thought about that until we visited a district meeting this week, one of the Elders made the comment that Elder H and I were the oldest companionship in the Zone, I didn´t believe it, but... it´s true haha, I´m kinda old on my mission, whatever. 
      I actually got to have the opportunity to work with a New Missionary, this elder is such a stud.  We went out and had more success in one day than they had had in an entire week.  We found lots of new people, taught a bunch of lessons, and gave out about 15 copies of the Book of Mormon.  It was super amazing.
    I don´t know if I ever told you about Bettine, but, Elder H and I talked to her on the street about 4 months ago.  When we talked to her, she told us she was atheist.  We bore testimony and did the whole missionary thing, and she agreed to meet up with us.  We taught her a couple of times, and then gave her to the Sisters because it is so hard for us to find members to come teach with us (can´t meet with women alone).  Anyway, she believes in God now, she´s been coming to Church every week for the last 2 months, and now she´s a super awesome member!  We are actually planning a fireside where converts share their testimonies, and stories of how they met the Church, and she said she would love to take some time to share her story.
    Well, I´m excited to see what happens for transfers!  I´ve been here about 5 months, Elder H has been here about 4, there´s no knowing what will happen haha.
Thanks for everything!
Elder Collings


No comments:

Post a Comment