Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 13, 2012

      I was way super excited this week because we were able to go to the temple and have  HUGE leadership council with president Schwartz.  He invited all of the District Leaders also to come.   President asked each zone to take 10 minutes to talk about what the zone has done to meet the goals of the mission, and what the plans are for the future. 
     Other than that, everything was super legit!  I just finished reading the Book of Mormon in German, I can understand about 97% of the words, and I think I know the German scriptures better than the English scriptures haha. I have actually only been studying in German since I served with Elder S.  President said most of the missionaries' German in this mission is terrible, so, he invited everyone to read through the Book of Mormon in German, marking all references to Christ, everything Christ, or our Father in Heaven says, and all Christlike attributes.  I just barely finished, and now I´m going to do it again before December, I´m pretty excited. 
    I got to work in Krefeld again this week with a brand new missionary.  He has only been out for 4 weeks, he´s being trained by Elder J (I served with him in Coburg).  It was so cool.  It was just like my Zone Leader split when I was a golden haha.  We ended up having TONS of success.  We found a new family, and set a baptismal date with a lady.  It was just a great feeling to be in my home town again =)
     Anyway, we´ve got a super busy week ahead of us, I´ll be working in 4 different areas this week!  Thanks for everything you do for me!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment