Monday, August 29, 2011

Week of Miracles



Hello Family!
This week was a week of miracles =) We had so much success, it
was amazing. To start it off, we found about 5 really legit
investigators, 2 of them are families, one of them with 9 people in it
(That doesn´t happen in Germany). All of them are so cool and so
willing to meet. We found one guy, Jones in a way cool way. So, last
week the assistants challenged us to have one hour of Consecrated
finding time each day. Basically we prayerfully pick a street, once
we get there, we consecrated the hour to the Lord and pray
specifically for Charity, Faith, and Virtue. Then, we start dooring
haha. So, we had decided to go to a Dwarf that we hadn´t been to
since my very first Sunday in Würzburg. We had found a couple of
potential investigators, so, we decided to go by on all of our
potential investigators and then have our Consecrated finding time
there. We went by this Jones guy, he is 20 years old, but, his Mom
said that he was sleeping and didn´t want to wake up. So, we went by
on all of our other people. Then, right as we started our Consecrated
finding time someone drove by on a motorcycle, pulled over and then
just watched us. It was really awkward. After about 2 houses he was
still there, watching us, so, we went and talked to him. We asked him
what was up and he said, "I was just out looking for you guys." We
didn´t know what to think, nobody goes looking for the missionaries.
He knew who we were, but, we really had no idea who he was. It ended
up being Jones, when he found out we had come by, he had remembered us
from 11 weeks ago and was way interested still, so he got on his
motorcycle and started looking for us. The place where he found us
happened to be the only place in this town with a bench to sit
on. The lesson went way good, and we have another lesson made out for
Tuesday. Oh, and at the very end of our lesson when we were praying,
a dog came running up to Elder Chambers and licked his face during the
prayer haha.
We also had a referral from a random member from Provo who was
visiting Würzburg. We just happened to see her on the street and she
came running up to us and gave us the address for someone that wanted
a book of mormon. We went by on this lady, she lives in a castle, and
she has a ton of interest. Apparently her Grandfather was a member of
the Church and she wants to know what we really believe. And she
lives in a castle, and that is way cool haha.
I know I´m forgetting some of the stories, there were so many
crazy cool things that happened this week, but, one thing I do know is
that I am getting transfered =( I am going to be going to Offenbach
serving with Elder H, nobody really knows
how to spell his name haha. He is just starting his third transfer,
so he is pretty young and I guess I´m kinda old now haha. It will be
way fun, Offenbach is right across the river from Frankfurt and I
heard the Ward is way big, I heard there are actually 2 wards, I
really have no idea haha. It will be sad leaving the Bayern area
because it´s so beautiful, I am going back to the big cities, but
that´s okay I´ll have fun with the work and love the people so it´s
all good. Oh, and if we ever end up visiting Germany, basically
everyone in the Ward in Würzburg offered us their beds to sleep on
haha. I´ll miss the ward out here, they are all way awesome.
So yeah, time for some more change, my new address is:
Elder Collings
Gloeken Gasse 40
63065 Offenbach
Germany
I´m excited for the new transfer, hopefully I´ll hear that the
baptism goes through for Massimo on the tenth! Anyway, I´m doing
great, thanks for everything you do. I´m doing great and having a
blast. Oh, and another birthday idea, I haven´t had a watch in 6
months, don´t need one, because I have a cell phone, but there´s
another idea haha.
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment