Monday, September 5, 2011

New area, New companion, New address

 me eating like the most tasty bacon wrapped on a stick that I have ever eaten before


 We´ve got my last picture of Würzburg
 Elder H infront of a funky car
a picture of me infront of my new City
a picture of me and Elder H
Hello Family!


I am now in Offenbach with Elder H. This area 500% different from all of my other areas, it is a massive huge city, and everbody is Muslim. We have 2 investigators, and like 45 less active families in this ward. Elder H is very new on his mission, he just started his 3rd transfer and he is a really good missionary. He is not afraid to speak German, he might even say too much every now and then haha, and he wants to improve which is awesome. I have only been here about 2 days and one thing is sure, things have to change haha. They have been doing TONS of work with less active, and meeting with members about 4 times a week, which is way cool, but, all of these people that they are meeting with live over an hour a way. We basically need to use the time more effectively. These last couple of days have been the first days when I have come back to our apartment feeling like we we haven´t done a lot of work in a long time, we are outside, but, the days are poorly planned so we don´t get a lot done. Hopefully I can learn this area fast so I can help with our planning and make it a little more productive!

We do have a baptismal date in three weeks. This lady, Peppe, was found at a blood drive that the Church held. She had interest and wanted to learn more. They set a baptismal date with her over a month ago and then she disappeared. Apparently right before I got here they finally got contact with her. We have met with her 2 times since I got here, and she still wants to be baptized. We got her to come to Church for the very first time, and she loved it. After Church she talked to members for about 30 minutes. She told me that she believes the book of Mormon is the Word of God that that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. She has no problems with the Word of Wisdom which is way rare in Germany, and she seems pretty golden. Basically all that we really have to do with her is make sure she has a testimony. I think everything makes sense to her (She went to Oxford for school) and she says she feels warm inside when she meets with us, so, we´ll just help her on her way haha.

Other than that there´s not much to say. The couple of days I have been here has been riding our bike somewhere... Our bikes breaking half way.... Walking back, Elder H saying we have to fix them.... 30 minutes of fixing, riding back to where we want to work, bike breaks again..... repeat..... then going and waiting forever for a train.... But, today I told him the first thing we are doing is getting our bikes professionaly repaired, we are buying a map so he doesn´t need to come back to our Apartment to find out where to go, and I told him we will only be coming back to the apartment for Lunch, and then we aren´t coming back until 9. He´s a way cool guy and wants to work hard, he´s just new out here and doesn´t really know how the plan an effective day yet.

So yeah, that´s a little bit about the new area, all the missionaries out here call it Turk town because everyone is Turkish, but, I don´t care who´s here, the Lord prepares everyone, and they´re all my Brothers and Sisters =) By the way, I gave you the wrong address for my new apartment, it is



Elder Steve Collings

Glocken Gasse 40

63065

Offenback

But the whole Cornelius Str. address still works. That´s the mission office, and the Mission office is in my district now, so I think I can still get my mail there.

Anyway, thanks for everything, you guys are awesome. I´m glad you´re all having a blast, but, I´m having more fun =) thanks for the address!

Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment