Monday, August 8, 2011

Randomness

Hello Family!
    It sounded like a way busy week last week!  That´s way cool that Jessica had her baby, Avery, and Amber is married now, that´s way cool!   I´m way excited for you guys.  There wasn´t anything out of the ordinary that happened this week, we talked to our strongest investigator about baptism, but, she just believes she isn't ready, we asked if we could set a goal for her, but, she wasn´t willing to do that.  She said that she is too stressed out and doesn´t want anything more on her mind than she already has.  This lady, Frau DeWolf is way awesome.  She has cried every time we meet with her, and the spirit is so strong every time.  She´s said that she has felt the spirit many times, and she loves everything that we have shared with her, but, she isn´t willing to go any further yet.  We´ve taught her everything, so now we have to help her build her faith to be baptized.
    That´s probably the story of the week haha, we don´t really know what´s going on, but, all of our investigators basically disappeared off the face of the Earth over night.  So, that has made things really weird, and then Elder Chambers has been feeling sick since I got here, he finally decided to call someone about it because it was bugging him so bad.  They thought that it maybe had something to do with what he had been eating, but, we eat way healthy, we have whole wheat bread lots of fruits and veggies every day.  The Doctor was impressed and said that he might be eating TOO healthy, so he gave us a list of things to eat... but, it is basically what we already eat, so I don´t know what changes we should make haha.  He prescribed a pill, but, it hasn´t changed anything, Elder Chambers still feels sick in his stomach every day, but, we still work good haha.  Hopefully we figure out what's wrong soon.
    So, I said this past week has been different, this week was also the very first time I have ever seen a missionary forget to put on his tie haha.  We had our lunch at home, we left, walked to the bus and waited for a while.  Then, as we were getting on the bus Elder Chambers yelled, "We need to go back!"  I thought he forgot his ticket.  As we started to go back, I noticed he had forgotten his tie.  So, he put his tie on, and we went back to catch another bus, then right as we were about to  get to the area we planned on working in, Elder Chambers got a bloody nose.  He got blood all over his shirt and tie, so, we had to go back, again.  By the time we were finally back doing work it was like 4:30.  There has been something random that has happened every day to make the day seem odd.  But, we´re still working as hard as we can!  And I know that as long as we keep trying our best we´ll be blessed with success.
    That is basically everything that has happened, well, I started reading Jesus the Christ in the spare time that I have right before bed and during lunch breaks.  I must say, Talmage knows his stuff haha.  I´ve learned so much, I can´t even explain how much I have enjoyed reading it.  I highly recommend it =)  Anyway, I am happy and doing great, I wish you all the best!
    Elder Collings
  Oh, and that Leavitt family just got back from their vacation around the United States visiting every LDS history sight there is haha.  We are meeting with them this Saturday =)

1 comment: