Monday, August 22, 2011

Flamin Hot Cheetos, what more could I need?

Hey Family!
    This week was way awesome, I don´t really know where I should
begin, so, I´ll start off by talking about the Leavitt family.  They
are the family that found out about the Church through family history,
and basically know our Church history inside and out.  They got back
from their vacation around Church historical sights a couple of weeks
ago, and it has been REALLY hard to meet with them because they have
been so busy.  We found out they were helping their son work on his
apartment, so, we offered to help.  Last week we spent about 5 hours
helping him put up wall-paper.  He basically talked about our church,
and his vacation the ENTIRE time.  He has nothing negative to say
about our Church at all.  When we finished helping him, he and his
wife took us to dinner, the cheapest thing there was around 10€, which
is like 13$ I think, but, I´m not so sure.  Then, they had also gone
to the American base and bought us a ton of American chips, and Ramen
Noodles,  you have no idea how awesome it felt to eat a bunch of
junk food =) They also tried to pay us 40€ more, but, we wouldn´t take
it.  They were so thankful for what we had done, and we are way good
friends now.  They are still way busy, we are going to help them out
with the apartment this week again, and they said they want to hear
what we believe, they just don´t have a lot of time.  Hopefully we can
get meeting with them soon.
    This week we also set another baptismal date =)  I don´t remember
if I told you about Massimo, but, he was basically WAY hard to get a
lesson with because a ton of random things kept happening that
prevented us from meeting with him.  So this week we had a zone leader
split, every zone leader split I have had we have set a baptismal date
whether it was for our area or theirs.  Massimo is so open to
everything, and whenever we teach him anything he always says "I
believe in that, it says it in the Bible."  So, we set a baptismal
date with him for September 10, we have stressed how important it is
for him to pray and read (he hasn´t read in the Book of Mormon yet).
We´re excited for our next appointment with him, we will be teaching
the Word of Wisdom, he smokes.  We have a cool smoking program that we
are going to give him, we will be at a members house so that he can
meet some more members, and then after the lesson we are going to
leave, and he will have dinner with them and get to know them.
    Those are definitely the highlights, I have always been addicted
to flaming hot cheetos, it felt so good to eat a bunch haha.  Other
than that, not much has changed.  Although, my shoes are pretty
thrashed, I think i´m going to have to get them repaired next week...
but, that´s not important.
    Things are going great out here in Würzburg, this is the last week
of the transfer, we get calls on Saturday.  Elder Chambers has been
here for 3 transfers and I´ve been here 2, so odds are one of us will
be going somewhere else (I hope I stay) We´ll just have to wait
and see.


My address is:
    Elder Collings
    Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
    Talweg 6
    Würzburg 97076
    Germany
 
    Ideas for gifts..... I don´t really need anything, but, somethings
would be nice to have, I would love some music.  Elder Mayle always
had music going and he really helps me focus, Elder Chambers has music
now, but, a lot of it is pretty upbeat stuff that are we most likely
shouldn´t have out here (So we don´t listen to it) Other than that,
winter is coming... I HATE the cold, anything you can send to help me
keep warm, Thermals,  gloves, hat, whatever haha I wish it would just
stay warm haha.  I really can´t think of anything else that would be
nice to have.  So, hope those ideas are good =)
    Anyway, thanks for everything you guys do for me and for all of
your prayers!  I´m doing great, I´m happy, and I´ve got a bunch of
flamin hot cheetos, what more could I need? haha
Elder Collings

1 comment:

  1. レイバン アビエイター
    のRB3026を買いましたが、過ごし小さいような気がしました。ちょうど友達が欲しいと言っていたので、友達に譲りまして、自分用にレイバン RB3026を改めで購入しました。今回はチャントサイズが良くて良い感じで、やっぱりレイバン サングラス最高ですね!

    ReplyDelete