Friday, February 18, 2011

Have you ever watched "The Best Two Years"?

Hello Family!

So it's my first official P-Day in Germany. So Germany is awesome, I love the food, they have these things called Döner Kebabs which are absolutely amazing, I could probably eat them all day. The only weird thing is the stuff they drink. They hate tap water, so they have this carbonated soda water stuff, it tastes way funky and not like water so it's going to take some time to get used to it, but everyone drinks it so I don't have much of a choice haha.

I had my first split, it was a three day split, and I was with an Elder who had only been out 6 weeks, I knew him in the MTC his name is Elder Schwendiman, but both of our German is bad, so it was kind of a super rare split. We taught 5 lessons in one day in his area, and all of them went way good, then the next day we took a 2 hour train ride for an appointment, but, the person forgot and wasn't there.... so then we took another 2 hours train ride back which took up most of the day, we had another lesson that night which went super well and I got to see what it was like to actually teach and have a schedule with investigators.

On Wednesday we went back to my area in Krefeld, and since we have no investigators me and Elder Schwendiman contacted for 6 hours straight, we handed out a lot of pamphlets and some cards, but nobody really was really interested which was a shame, so me and my companion Elder Mayle still have no investigators.

I've been trying my best to speak to people so we can actually start teaching people out here, which hasn't really been a problem, I've been like the Elder from Best Two Years and talked to literally everyone, but I never know what they say back, so I just smile and keep saying stuff haha. I've committed my companion to only speak German around me so I can learn faster, and I've been trying to be an example to him and actually talk to people, because he hates to do that. He's a good Elder and he's really smart, he just isn't comfortable with contacting.

So that's basically how it has been in Germany so far, just trying to get investigators all day, and they will come I just have to have faith that my Father in Heaven will lead me to those who are ready to receive the gospel.

So all of the Holidays out here are basically just excuses for people to get drunk, and I'm not even joking, everyone out here drinks and smokes. The people can legally smoke here at the age of 16, so I see kids who look like they're as old as Conner walking down the street smoking, but anyway, we just barely found out today that they have a Holiday called Karnival, I honestly have no idea what they are celebrating, but from what I heard if you wear a tie on that day the girls out here will walk up to you, cut your tie and then kiss you. So, our mission president said that on Karnival we will be staying inside all day which means I'll be cleaning my lovely apartment.

My apartment is super duper small, we never know if we are going to have a super hot shower or a super cold shower, it's always a surprise I look forward too haha. The place is really quite gross, so we set a goal to clean it a little at a time... it will take a long time.

That's basically everything that is going on right now, hope everyone is doing good and enjoyed their Valentines day, I forgot about Valentines day, and it's not really super big out here anyway, so I didn't do much haha. Anyway, they are changing P-Day back to Mondays starting on Monday, so you'll get another E-Mail super fast!
Bis Montag!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment