Monday, February 21, 2011

Germany

Hello Family!

First of all, I can´t believe Dad got rid of his truck! That thing was amazing! But that´s so awesome that he got a car for you Mom =) and a phone haha.

Not much has really happened here, we haven´t found any new investigators, but i´m mainly trying to get Elder Mayle more comfortable with talking to everyone. We studied Chapter 9 in Preach My Gospel today which is all about Finding People. After we studied it I took away his agency and made him set goals to apply it haha. He seems to understand that we need to talk to people to teach... I don´t see how that wouldn't make sense haha, I just really want to start teaching people, my German is still... improving haha so I can´t really understand the people and when I speak my grammar is all messed up, but his is way good so with his help I know we can start having success out here, I just have to keep helping him to speak.

So I got that other debit card you sent me, but, if it won´t last 2 years go ahead and send the other one, I don´t know how long it will take to send that, but hopefully not too long. Elder Mayle just barely got his Christmas package, it was in the mail for 2 months! Some other Elders still haven´t gotten their Christmas stuff, but those were packages, the card shouldn't take that long.

That´s awesome that stake conference went well, if Kaylea and Conner want to serve missions, best choice ever in my opinion, read the Book of Mormon EVERY day, and study Preach My Gospel. If you are familiar with those 2 books, you´ll know all you need to know to go on a mission and do very well. One of the things it talks about in Preach My Gospel is goal setting. It says unles you write out a goal and measure how you are doing to accomplish that goal regularly you will not do so well with it. So, if you set a goal right now, right it down, and then put it somewhere you can see if every day so you won´t forget what you want to do, you´ll start accomplishing that goal! And of course it works, Preach My Gospel is revelation like the Book of Mormon is, so the promises are the same. =)

Anyway, I´m happy to be on a mission, I can´t wait until I can actually speak to people and start seeing some more success out here in Krefeld.

Tschüs!
-Elder Collings

1 comment: