Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our First Letter!!

I was so excited to find a letter from Steve when I went out to the mailbox this morning! Here's what it said.

Dearest Familie,

I have only been in the MTC a day and it is incredible how much I have learned! I have been placed in a pilot program to learn the German language, so basically my district and I are all learning in a completely new way.

Today we were all expected to bear our testimony and pray in the German language. I was unable to do this completely, I am still learning the basics, however, I know as long as I am faithful and do my best I will be able to learn the language.

I have become the senior companion, mein mitarbeitan is a cool guy, he is from Cedar City and we get along great, he tutors me on German because he has around 3 years under his belt.

It has only been a day and I have already seen an Elder from my district walk out. He left his companion at lunch, when we came back to the residence halls all of his belongings had been packed and taken away. Fortunately he returned this evening. I hope he decides to stay.

The spirit is so strong here, I have never felt it so much so often at one time. I can only think of 2 times where I have been so overwhelmed with the spirit that I have had tears come to my eyes, and I have already had it happen once here, and my lip started to quiver a couple of times.

I am loving it here, I am so thankful for this time in my life when I have the opportunity to serve the Lord, and I am even writing in my journal. I can't wait to see how much I will have grown in as little as a week, and I can't think of how much knowledge I will have in a year.

I love you all so much, thanks for being the Best Family in the world.

Elder Collings

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I hope you will keep posting his letters!!! He looks so good.

    ReplyDelete