Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23

So I finally figured out how to get the e-mail thingy to work! I only get 30 minutes a week though... So I have been in the MTC for 2 weeks now, and it is amazing how much I have learned. I can understand a lot of the German language, and I can almost speak as much as the other Elders here who have 5 years worth of learning the language already, I just barely was able to say the First Vision in German today which was pretty awesome.
So things here have been awesome, the food is okay, but, it gives my companion (Elder Anderson) gas, so he is constantly tooting. I have put on 8 pounds so far and i've been waking up early every morning to work out with some of the Elder in my district, for the first time in my life I did 150 pushups =)
Last Sunday, we had a guest speaker, I'm not exactly who he was, but he was in some high position in the MTC. He told us (the German branch) that Satan is attacking this branch more than any other branch. We have already had around 3-4 Elders leave, and there are many more struggling with home sickness, there have also been more sickness and injuries in the German branch than any other branch. He bore an amazing testimony, he said he knew something amazing was going to be happening in Germany for us, and he inspired everyone in the room the to work through any problems that they may be having because the lord needs us.
I have noticed my companion has started to struggle a little bit with homesickness. He gets like 3 letters a day from his Mom and aunt, but there was one day where he didn't recieve mail and he was so depressed; I had the hardest time getting him to do anything, everything that came out of his mouth was negative, I finally just bore my testimony to him and told him that something great was going to happen tonight if he changed his attitude, he appologized to me and then we went to gym... He got hit in the face with a basketball and broke his glasses, so he was REALLY mad. I just told him once again that Satan was trying to distract him from the spirit and if he would focus on being positive and listening to the spirit he would have an amazing day. So that night we has a lesson with one of the role play investigators, I was doing most of the talking (in German, which is weird because he is almost fluent) I then looked at him to bear his testimony, he started to bear his testimony and while he did I prayed that he would speak with the spirit. The spirit got so strong right as I started to pray, I thanked God for answering my prayer the second I started haha. At the end of the meeting all my companion said was, "That was amazing."
I am thoroughly enjoying my time here in the MTC, it's amazing how strong the spirit is here and there is no other place I would like to be, even though it's Christmas haha. I am almost out of time (I spent half my internet time trying to get the e-mail to work) so, thanks for the Dearelder letters, I am getting them. Thanks John and Molly for the gift, I can't wait to open it, and Jessica, CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to be an uncle!!!
Tschüs!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment