Monday, December 20, 2010

Another letter

Hello loving Family!

So things are going good in the MTC. I found out the pilot program I am on is extremely different from any other. We start teaching in German as of day 2. Normally they start at day 42, so it's way hard, but in 2 Nephi 33:1, I learned I can babble stuff (as long as I really mean what I'm babbling) and the investigator will know, or feel, what I am saying through the power of the Holdy Ghost, and I do that a lot ha ha. In one of my lessons, the investigator (a memeber who volunteers their time) was asking tons of questions, my companion can speak pretty good German, and I'm not so good, but, after I said something along the lines of "Holy Ghost good spiritual feeling of Book of Mormon true: the investigator looked right at me and said something I didn't understand. My companion turned to me and said, "He wants to know why whenever you speak he can feel that spiritual feeling (shpiren) even though he can't understand you." So even though I'm not speaking German YET, I am thankfully inviting the spirit to work through me.

Another thing for your info... if you use Dearelder.com and send me a letter before noon, I will receive that letter at 6:00 that same day, just so you know.

Anyway, hope everything is going good at home.

Tschus!

Elder Collings

1 comment: