Thursday, January 10, 2013

December 17, 2012

        Hello Family!

    Things are going pretty super awesome.  I don´t really have my own area, I work in 5 areas haha.  And all 5 areas are doing pretty good.  We seem to always have lots and lots of success when we are on splits.    I was on a split in Schweinfurt and we found 2 new people, and taught 5 lessons, I was then in Bayreut, and in one hour we got 4 numbers and made out an appointment with someone else, it was amazing, but, by the end of the week, all of the companionships were kinda bumbed, because that doesn´t happen with their own companion.  That even happens here in Bamberg, we have been finding TONS of people to teach, but, the missionaries don´t seem to teach anyone.  So.... that´s pretty annoying, President told me he wanted me to work with all of the companionships and show them how to work. When I am there, it doesn´t seem like I need to show them everything, but, when I´m not there, they don´t seem to have any success, does that mean they aren´t working when I'm there?  No idea haha.  Anyway, I´ve just been making plans on how to get them to see success by themselves, got a couple more weeks to help them!
    This week we had the opportunity to teach an excommunicated member.  He studied Theology, and basically knows everything, he can read Greek, and Hebrew, and he is a free mason.  He was offended, and left the church.  Now, he spends his free time searching for ways to prove that the church is wrong.  We got to hear him speak for 40 minutes non-stop, throwing off dates and scriptures and facts about why the church isn´t true.  Then we asked what church he belonged to now.  He said he´s catholic.  So........ I asked him what made his church true, and he said it was the oldest haha.  This guy has been so twisted by his anger he doesn´t even know what he believes anymore.  He was always searching for ways to bring our church down, and he accepted a church that was commonly accepted in society.  It was completely obvious that he no longer was looking to do the will of God, he accepted what brought social acceptance, and then looked for ways to turn words and statements from past Prophets to prove they weren´t really called of God.  I told him he was acting like the (I don´t know how to spell this) Pharisees at the time of Christ, and he should accept that the only perfect person who ever lived was our Savior Jesus Christ, and he then said the prophets of old never made any mistakes, and all we needed was in the bible........So, I read Ex 33:11 with him, then John 1:18 and then John 6:46 and asked if man can see God.  Then read John 3:22 and John 4:2 and asked if Jesus baptized, and then we read Acts 9:7 and Acts 22:9 and asked if the others heard a voice.  We then told him again he needed to accept that people make mistakes, and that he can choose to forgive  and come back.  But, he ignored everything we said and said it was time to eat.....  It was sad to see that he was so closed up, that he would just search for faults in the Church and the Leaders.
    Anyway, there was quite a bit of snow.... like 4 inches, but, now it has all melted and it´s raining again haha, so I´m super warm, my socks are just always wet.  My old pair of shoes still has holes in them.... and my new pair does too.  I don´t want to use money on a new pair of shoes either haha, just have a few more weeks.  
 
   Thanks for everything!
Elder Collings                             
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment