Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 8, 2012

    Well, it´s official, my shoes are dead haha.  I´ve repaired them 3 times now, but, this time when I went to see how much it would cost to get them repaired they told me 70€, there were big tears in the leather, and the sole was falling off of one of them, and the top leather  part that holds it together was tearing off of both of them, so, I guess I say Tschüß haha.
    We had a super week, I found out I still get to stay in Düsseldorf, and I´ll be staying with Elder Ripplinger.  This is my 2nd to last transfer, so, hopefully I´ll get to stay until the end =)  We were expecting about 10 people to come to General Conference this week, if there was ever a week for our investigators to come to church, it was this week, we had meetings Saturday at 6 p.m. Sunday at 11, 2 and 6.  Only one ended up coming, so, I was way disappointed, but what was taught was super amazing! =)
    I got to go to Friedrichsdorf for the Leadership council, and the stake was having a choir practice, and a bunch of the Offenbach members were there!  I got to speak with a bunch of them, it was awesome.  They have really turned around out there, I don´t know if you remember, but, 8 months ago I asked them if they would just greet people a little more during a Ward Council, and they all freaked out for like 30 minutes and it was a terrible memory haha.  Well, now they have set goals for everyone to feel welcome in the Ward, and they are also having a 4 Month fast for the Missionary work.  They have been blessed with 4 Baptisms in the Ward since then, and Pepper (The girl we baptized) is a ward missionary now going on Joint Teaches every week.  She is also preparing to go and serve a mission =)  I got to call her up and talk to her for a while also.  I took the phone from the Offenbach Elders and called up some of the old investigators that I met with, Wolfgang  was the only one that answered, he isn´t doing good, he has cancer and isn´t happy.  I asked him if he still wanted to come to Church and be baptized, he said he did, but he was nervous to come back after being gone so long, and he also apparently looks creepy, his teeth have fallen out, his medicine gave him a massive rash on his face that left some scars.  Anyway, it was good to speak with him.
    Things are going great out here, we went ahead and planned out street displays for the next 2 months.  We want to get the Ward more involved in the Missionary Work, and that will be a great way to do it!  We also planned out everything we are going to have to do in the next 6 weeks, and I think we actually have a little less than what we had last transfer haha.  We only have 11 Splits instead of 12, and only 1 trip to Frankfurt instead of 2.  Basically the coolest thing that will be happening though, is this coming Saturday; President Monson is coming to visit Germany, and we got permission to leave the Mission, ride to Hamburg and hear him speak.  I´m way super stoked!
    Anywho, that´s basically everything!  Thanks for everything, have a super week!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment