Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012

Hey!  Sorry, I have to kinda keep this one short, we have a bunch of Reports that we need to send to President Schwartz and the Stake Presidents.  I got my new companion, his name is Elder R.  He has been out as long as I had been out when I got here, so, I have been out 4 transfers longer than him.  He´s basically a stud and it´s a blast to work with him.  Elder H was way sad to leave, I think in the end I brought out the good side of him, I sent you a picture of it =)  I don´t know why all of my companions have been so weird haha.  Anyway, Elder H was the most serious person I´ve ever met, so I am very proud of that picture.
    Anyway, we had a miracle happen this week!  We have been teaching these 2 brother from Africa, Steven and Boateng.  They have been making good progress, anyway, last week Boateng cut his thumb at work.  It wasn´t anything way bad, but, it was a decent cut.  We didn´t think much about it.  2 Days later, we came by, and his thumb had swollen to like the size of his wrist!  The skin looked really weird, and cracked, and he was in a ton of pain.  He hadn´t left his bed in 2 days, except to see the doctor once.  We took the opportunity to teach him about the Priesthood and about blessings.  He asked if we would give him one, and so we did.  The next day we called up, and he said his thumb was fine!  He was going around and doing all of his normal things!  We haven´t had a chance to go and see him yet, but we have talked with him and his 2 brothers and they all say his thumb healed overnight.  The Church is true haha.
    So, things are going great, this week I will be working in Frankfurt, Köln, Dortmund, Wuppertal, Duisburg and Düsseldorf haha.  We have a HUGE street Display planned out in Köln.  All the 22 missionaries of our zone will be there, we´ll have a street display with computers and a projector.  The members will be there too.  We´ll do that for about 3 hours, and then every missionary is going to go on a split with a member and work with the member in the city for 4 hours.  The stake president said he wants to do something like that once every month!  I´m way excited to see how that goes.
    Thanks for all of your love and support =)
Elder Collings


No comments:

Post a Comment