Monday, September 24, 2012

Sept 23, 2012

Hey!  This week was basically a crazy roller coaster week.  We started the week out with tons of super legit investigators, and all of them were making good progress, and we ended the week with only a few investigators, crazy how often that happens haha.  So.... basically we are almost starting off from scratch, we are only teaching 2 families right now, luckily they are both way super awesome and already invited me to spend Christmas with them haha. 
    The people we are teaching are the Abagius from Romania, and the Mensahs from Ghana.  Basically both of these families believe everything we say.  They take it in as the truth.  Whenever the do have a small problem, like with the Word of Wisdom, all we have to do is ask if they believe in Joseph Smith.  We then tell them, Joseph Smith revealed this, so if you believe in Joseph Smith and that he was called of God, you can believe that staying away from Coffee will bless you.  And then they agree.  The only trouble that we have with them both, is getting them to church.  Hopefully we can get them coming soon! =)
    I set a goal this week, I decided I wanted to know the scriptures better, so, I set a goal to memorize 2 scriptures a day, but, I found myself memorizing 3 a day, and today I memorized 4.  I have been memorizing all of the Scriptures in the Preach my Gospel Lessons that they have you study to understand the lessons better.  Hopefully I don´t get lazy and I keep it up haha. 
   Anyway, this week was basically a normal week working hard and stuff.  Anyway, that´s basically everything, have a great week and thanks for everything!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment