Monday, December 5, 2011

Basically Awesome Week

Hello Family!
    This week was basically awesome!  We are really rocking the
Offenbach area with all sorts of righteousness and stuff =)  We got
more than one investigator to come to Church for the first time in my
entire mission haha, we had 4 =)  We´ve got about 3 people that are
progressing really well right now and we are super excited to keep
working with them and help them come unto Christ.  We still have
contact with Wolfgang, he still calls me his Holy Godsent Messenger
haha, and he know he needs to be baptized, but..... he´s going through
a way hard time.  He has cancer, and just started a new treatment for
it, he has been sick and in bed the last week and a half, he still is
smoking and he is going downhill pretty fast.  He keeps telling us
that he knows he needs to be baptized, and then he always says "But, I
need to wait until I get everything in order before I do it."  And
yeah... he has slowly been going downhill since then, but, he´ll come
back =)
   We had like 3 super awesome lessons this week, one with Dr.
H, one with Jad, and one with Hanich, and, all of them made it
to Church =)  Dr. H started asking a lot about baptism, and we
ended up showing him the baptismal font, he then said he wanted to
prepare for baptism, again haha.  So, we're helping him to quit
smoking, Jad is born and raised Muslim, but knows that it is not the
right truth, so, he´s looking for it.  He said that no matter what
question he asks, we always seem to have an answer for him that makes
sense, even if it´s not the answer that he wants.  He made it to
Church and all he could say was that it feels good.  Hanich still
doesn´t believe that there is a God, but, he said that if there was a
God and if there was a true Church, it would definitely be this
church.  He then said, I hope there is a God, and I hope you two can
help me find him because I need something in my life.  Those are
always good words to hear haha.  He came to Church, he can´t hear a
word in Sacrament meeting because he´s almost deaf, but, he likes the
feeling in the Church, so he comes and just reads in the Book of
Mormon the whole time.
    Things are going great in Offenbach, I´m super happy and doing
well, thanks for everything you do for me, my camera is 100% broken now
just so you know.  It has slowly gotten worse and worse and now it
just doesn´t even work, so.... I´d like to buy another one haha, mind
giving me a budget?  Anyways, have an awesome week!
 
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment