Monday, November 21, 2011

New companion

Hello Family!
    This week was the best week I´ve had in a long time haha.  On
Tuesday, I got to go and stay in a super nice hotel with all of the
new missionaries, and then the next morning, I got my new companion,
Elder S.  He´s really awesome, and his German is very good.
He´s working really hard, and we´re going to have a ton of success
this transfer.  Basically when we got to Offenbach Wednesday evening,
we hadn´t taught many lessons, and didn´t really have any lessons
planned out, I was kinda bummed that he wasn´t going to have the
opportunity to teach much his first week, but, in 2 days we ended up
having 9 lessons and finding 2 new investigators so things turned out
really well =)
    It´s been pretty cool training, I remember my trainer and how I
learned so much from his example and how he worked, a lot of what I
did was influenced by what he did.  I have been trying to be a good
example for Elder S so that he knows how to work hard =)  He is
a little shy and doesn´t like talking to people on the street, but....
he´s going to do it haha.  I already had him take the lead in 2 of our
lessons.  I can tell he doesn´t really like how I am giving him so
much to do, but, he is fully capable of it and it is stretching his
abilities making him basically the best missionary in the world haha.
    I´m doing great and really enjoying the work, we´ve got a TON of
lessons set up this week, and I´m really excited to meet with some of
these people. We´re lookin´ to have a white Christmas in Offenbach =)
    Thanks for everything you do for me, I´ll
probably be spending a little money this week on winter clothes, it
hasn´t even snowed yet and I am really cold when I go outside haha.
Elder Collings

1 comment:

  1. I just love reading your letters! So glad everything is going so well! You will LOVE Christmas in Germany!

    ReplyDelete