Monday, July 11, 2011

Teacher and Translator

Hello Family,
    This week was awesome like usual, I´ve gotta keep this one kinda short, sorry, but last week I said we had more success in Würzburg than it has had in a LONG time, well, this week was even better haha.  We are pretty confident we are going to get another baptismal date this coming week which is always awesome.  We are being blessed with so much success, it is wonderful.  I ended up teaching Elders quorum for the first time, and it ended up being the easiest lesson ever haha.  I don´t know why, but, everyone had so much to say in our lesson.  The lesson was about Eternal Families, I probably only spoke for 5 minutes and asked about 4 questions, and then the rest of the time was everyone discussing the topic, it went way well, and super easy haha.  I also ended up translating for someone in Church for the first time.  Someone from the States was visiting and he couldn´t speak any German, he asked if I would be willing to translate for him, I tried my best.  It is so hard to listen to what is being said and then try and tell someone what they said, while the person in still speaking, so, I don´t know how much he got out of it, but, I understood almost every word which was awesome haha.
    Anyway, sorry to keep it short!  Thanks for everything!
Elder Collings



The one where we are all wet was a couple of days ago.  We walked outside and it was raining a little bit, that happens way often in Germany, it rains so little that it´s almost like it isn´t raining, and then it stops after a couple of minutes.... but, this time it didn´t stop.  We didn´t grab our umbrellas because we thought it would stop. Like 5 minutes later it started pouring, and it didn´t stop for 2 hours, and we were outside the entire time haha
The one with the cookies were some cookies we tried to make but ended up being terrible.  I didn´t really think much about what I was doing, so when I put them into the cooking thing I had the scoops all different sizes, some were big, some were small... So, after a couple of minutes some were burning, so we took them out, the big ones were like not even close to being finished, so when we took them out they all kinda oozed together, except for the ones that were burnt, they just stayed as they were haha.  The cookies did not taste good haha
The Elder with me in the other picture is Elder Woodall, he is probably the biggest BYU fan I have ever met.  Everything he owns is BYU, he knows absolutely everything about BYU, I can´t even begin to explain how much stuff he knows, because he knows everything.  He goes home in about 2 weeks.
The picture with the creepy guy holding a picture of Jimmer is Elder Woodall, the BYU fan.  That is his planner that he modified haha.
And then the last picture is just a random picture Elder Chambers took of me and I figured you´d love to see my pretty face, so I put it up for you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment