Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012


Hey!  This week went way super good.  We were in Frankfurt for 2 days for another leadership training, and we found out we get to do a zone training thing every month for about 5 hours.  Now we get to bring the entire zone together once a month and teach them  how to teach, find, and learn in Preach my Gospel.  President said it´s a great opportunity to give the Elders "Best practice".  We actually found out this week that Düsseldorf is leading the mission with finding new investigators!  I knew we were finding a lot, but, we are like WAY higher than the rest of the mission.  The mission average is .92 new investigators ever week, and we are at 4.5 new investigators a week.  That was pretty awesome, we just gotta get some baptisms now haha.
    We found a way cool kid this week, his name is Philip.  I´ll send a picture of him.  He comes from Nigeria and he has a TON of faith in Jesus.  He can barely read the Book of Mormon, but, he likes what he understands so much, he called us and said he wanted us to come by every night to teach him more about it.  We went by and read with him... and I don´t really know what he understands when he reads because he reads so bad... but, he feels it´s good.  We´re really excited to be able to teach him!
    This week will be pretty awesome, we have 2 splits.  One of them we´ll be giving the baptismal interview to someone, and then the other one I´ll be working up in an area that has only had 4 lessons in the last 4 months.  We´ll see how that goes haha.  I´m excited to get up there and see what´s going on, I was looking through the numbers for the last 3 years, and this area had been teaching TONS of people less than a year ago.  I´ll just have to help them  jump start things I guess haha. 
    This last week I got to work with Elder J again.  Elder J was my second companion in Coburg.  We worked in Krefeld, my first city!  He has been serving there the last 5 weeks.  On our split we found 3 new investigators and made out about 5 lessons and got 4 peoples numbers.  We got to work way hard, it was cool to get to work with him again.  He´s still just a solid worker and only speaks German to everyone.  Transfer calls come this week, hopefully I get to stay longer in Düsseldorf, I guess we´ll find out on Saturday! 
    Thanks for everything you do for me!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment