Monday, October 17, 2011

Preaching to a Preacher

Hello Family!
     Things are going very good in Offenbach.  We have a couple of way
cool investigators that we are excited about, one of them really likes
me so he has bought me a couple of gifts =) We have talked with him a
lot about baptism and we´re pretty sure he will accept the committment
any day now.  He came to a baptism and made so many friends with the
members, it was awesome.  
 
We also had a way cool experience.  So,basically Elder H and I were 
just walking home from an eating
appointment with our Ward Mission Leader, we were crossing a street,
and I saw this guy walking.  I told Elder H we were going to talk
to him, there was really no reason, I just felt like saying it haha.
We spoke to him, and... basically he is awesome. This guy is a
preacher, he has been to a bunch of places all over the world
preaching stuff.  He told us that he had seen our Church in every
place that he had preached.  We started telling him about our Church,
and he started to get really excited.  He was asking what we did
around here to have success because he wasn´t having any, so, we told
him a few things and then we ended up  telling him about the gospel of
Christ, Faith, Repentence, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and right after we
told him that he just looked at us and yelled, "That´s the way it´s
supposed to BE brother!"  We then took him to the Church, he really
liked it, and then he started asking different questions, "So what
would I need to do to start a ministry for this Mormon Church?"
    We decided to show him the Restoration movie, and we had a lot of
technical problems.  So, I had him read Moroni 10:3-5 while Elder
H tried to fix it up.  I then asked him what he thought about it
and he said something like this, "So what I gotta do is pray to the
almighty one if I really want to know if this holy scripture is true
and then through the divine grace and glory of the holy one´s holy
spirit I will know if this is true."  I figured he understood it
pretty well, so then I told him that if he was really a christian, and
if he really beleived in Christ, if he read a certain Chapter in the
Book of Mormon and prayed about it, he would know it was holy
scripture.  So, I had him read 3 Nephi 11.  After that he was so loud,
he went on about how it had to come from God because it spoke so much
about Jesus.  Then, we got the movie working.  At the end of the
movie, he was so happy, he yelled and hollerd some pretty funny stuff,
but, I can´t really remember it all.  Then at the end, I told him that
we wouldn´t be the ones teaching him, we teach the German speaking
people in Offenbach, and there are 2 sisters who teach the English
speaking people.  So, I asked him if he wanted to talk to them right
now.  He said yes.  I called them up and explained what had just
happened, so, they talked to him.  He asked them what he had to do to
get baptized in this Church, when they could meet so he could learn
everything in the Book of Mormon, and how long it would take before he
could go and start his ministry in Africa somewhere haha.  He kept
yelling, "Those African people are RELIGIOUS!  They breathe Faith!
They walk by Faith!  They basically are faith!"
    Then, while we were walking home, he showed us a video of him in
Honduras preaching.  He was preaching about dispensations of all
things.  He said, "These people didn´t know that a dispensation is
when a prophet is on the Earth!"  Then I reminded him that there are
prophets on the Earth right now.  And then I told him he was living in
a dispensation.  Then he yelled, "I KNOW brotha!  The last
dispensation!"
    So, this guy is basically way cool, but...... We won´t be teaching
him haha.  Other than that, this week was pretty normal.  But, things
are going well, I´m happy and enjoying the work!
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment